He wondered how many days he could string together calling in sick before his boss caught on and fired him.
Staying home had it's benefits. He was getting pretty good at darts.
"Hey Danielle," he answered, glad it wasn't the mysterious heavy breather.
"Hey you, how's married life treating you?" she asked. He heard the sound of a can being opened and heard her plop into her recliner.
"Good!" he said quickly. "Actually, we've been really busy with the baby and everything."
He heard her take a long chug before she quipped "Guess the honeymoon's over!"
Random paced the livingroom. "No, we're good. Just going through a dry spell."
"Random," she said, all of a sudden serious, then hesitating and falling quiet. "Nothing, nevermind," she finished.
"What?" he pressed.
"No, it's nothing."
But Random could tell there was something on her mind. "Tell me," he needled.
"Sorry, I need to go get ready. Hot date tonight. I'll talk to you laters," she told him, brushing him off. It was almost like she was hurrying to get off the phone with him.
"Yeah, okay, don't do anything I wouldn't do!"
Danielle laughed. "So... no holds barred?"
"Knock him dead, girl!"
His gaze shot up when his wife came in. "Hey, how was work?' he asked.
Sandy just shrugged, flicking her keys down on the tv stand.
"Whoa, what's up with the attitude?" Random asked.
"Nothing, I'm just tired," she said peevishly. "Long day working," she told him. "Not everyone gets to sit at home all day," she added snidely.
"Hey, we discussed that and decided it made more sense for you to work since you made more money than I do," he reminded her.
"Look, I don't want to fight. I'm tired. I'm going to lay down." Sandy headed to the bedroom and firmly shut the door.
"Wow, maybe the honeymoon is over."
Quick check to make sure all the flamingos were standing and he was ready to open the doors.
As people strolled by, he would try to convince them to head in and check out the place.
There were a few takers.
First thing she needed to take care of was to find the source of those disgusting roaches!

Random would never be able to un-see that.
"Get off, Sin!" Sandy hissed, shoving him aside and trying to straighten her clothes.
Sinjin looked way too happy with the situation.
"Not long," Sandy said defensively at the same time Sinjin said "Months."
Random glared at the guy. Seriously, he looked way too furking smug! "Sandy, get him out of my face."
"Sin, shut up," she hissed. "Look, let's sit down and talk about this reasonably," she told him.
"Reasonably?" he echoed. "REASONABLY? WTF SANDY!"
"Quit shouting at me!" she yelled.
"Oh, the yelling hasn't even begun," he countered cooly. Shaking his head, he stopped and held up his palms. "No, you know what. I'm done," he told her.
"Done?" she asked nervously.
"Done with this conversation. Done with you. Done!" he snapped. "Pack your things and get the hell out!"Random was shaking when he headed into the nursery and rocked Buddy in his arms. She could have all their stuff, he didn't care. But, she wasn't taking the most important thing.
*AN: So full disclosure, Sandy was going to run off with Sinjin soon anyways. Lol. I was so tired of playing my poor pleasure-loving Random as the responsible partner. They never saw each other and were always tired when the other got home from work.
And then Random got the chance card and got that promotion! Oh man, bad timing! Or perfect timing. Run free Random! Run free! 💗







































No comments:
Post a Comment